TeleHealth is available by patient request, but the number of appts. will be limited. Our TeleHealth system is provided by UpDox software, and is encrypted and HIPAA-compliant.
When you are ready, the provider will send an invitation link to either your cell phone or e-mail. The link will start with a quick "pre-flight" check to make sure your device is compatible with Video Chat.
Then you will enter a video chat room. The video chat works very well on iPhone (7 or up) or Android cell phones. If using a PC, you need a webcam, speaker and microphone, and Google Chrome browser. The link expires after 10 minutes. All video chats are one-to-one.
We can look at a wound or a skin problem, and of course it's nice to speak face-to-face for any medical interaction with a patient. TeleHealth is for Established FOWH patients only. We cannot do an annual well-woman exam via TeleHealth and we are not able to use TeleHealth for breast or vaginal problems.
Gyn TeleHealth visits for Gyn problems are billable similar to office visits. There is no separate fee for TeleHealth prenatal or postpartum care.
Using TeleHealth Visits we can help you with:
- Birth control choices or problems
- Pre-pregnancy or fertility counseling/advice
- Menopause or Peri-menopause concerns
- Pelvic pain, painful periods, painful intercourse
- Irregular periods or PCOS
- Review of recent abnormal labs or imaging
- Possible UTI or bladder infection
- Coronavirus-related concerns