COVID Vaccine at FOWH
**COVID-19 Vaccine APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE.
We offer COVID-19 vaccination to all our patients, their partners and their spouses. Partners and spouses who are new to the practice will need to register with us, which is a little extra paperwork.
We have in stock Moderna, Pfizer and J&J COVID-19 vaccine.
Everyone who gets their 1st dose of Moderna vaccine is required and expected to get a 2nd dose of the same vaccine 4 weeks later. We will notify you.
Everyone who gets their 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine is required and expected to get a 2nd dose of the same vaccine 3 weeks later. We will notify you.
For J&J vaccine only one dose is required.
Note: the vaccine is free, but we will bill your insurance for the administration fee; however, there is NO out-of-pocket cost.
click here for CDC guidelines on this issue - scroll down to FAQ #12 (Who is paying for the COVID-19 vaccines?)
See below to book your vaccine appt. on My Turn.
My Turn Coded Clinic
YOU MUST USE THIS ACCESS CODE ON MY TURN. SEE BELOW.
- Go to https://myturn.ca.gov/
- click Start here
- click Privacy Statement box
- enter age, certify age, county, work location, plus the next few items
- IMPORTANT - ACCESS CODE IS NEEDED.
Use this access code: BTTUS3TNNK
- click to certify
- click Continue – goes to next screen
- Enter zip code 91105, click Pasadena, CA. Goes to next screen.
- The first clinic starts June 4, click the Calendar forward arrow if you see May
- Pick your vaccine preference:
(a.) Choose Moderna Vaccine (click Schedule Appointment) or (b.) Choose J&J Vaccine (click Schedule Appointment)
- Continue to enter your personal information to finish booking the appt.
- You need to enter cell phone to get a text confirmation
- For do you have health coverage, click NO
- Answer all the COVID screening questions
- Click Complete Appt.
- You should get a confirmation
Please review the latest version of the J&J Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet. It has been updated (July 8, 2021) due to rare cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS).
"There have been 100 preliminary reports of GBS following vaccination with the Janssen vaccine after approximately 12.5 million doses administered...with one reported death."
"...the FDA has evaluated the available information for the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and continues to find the known and potential benefits clearly outweigh the known and potential risks."
California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record
The Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record portal draws COVID-19 records from California’s immunization systems. Enter your name, date of birth, and an email or mobile phone number associated with your vaccination record, then create a four-digit PIN. If the information you submitted matches the official record, you will receive a text or email with a link to your digital COVID-19 vaccine record.
- California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (6/19/21)
- L.A. County How to get vaccinated (5/15/21)
- CDC guidelines on vaccine costs and fees
- Mother to Baby - Free phone call to experts on COVID vaccine and pregnancy
- VACCINE MISINFORMATION IS EVERYWHERE (4/2/21)
- COVID Vaccine and Pregnancy, Breastfeeding (3/4/21)
- Pasadena Health Dept. COVID-19 Vaccine
- Huntington Hospital COVID-19 Vaccine
- V-Safe After Vaccination (CDC)
CAIR Immunization Notices
Our practice is required to inform all patients that their vaccine data is entered into a California State database called CAIR (Calif. Immunization Registry).
Here are disclosure documents for your information: